USDA (Rural Development) Home Loan
USDA Rural Development loans through GMFS Mortgage are available for mortgages on homes located in an eligible rural area designated by USDA. Rural Development loans offer zero money down (100% financing) and can be used to purchase your primary residence or refinance for rate term. USDA Rural Development is typically the best home loan option for first time buyers that are not military veterans and the house is not in an eligible rural area as designated by the USDA.
Per the USDA, GMFS Mortgage has been the #1 USDA Rural Development lender in Louisiana for both 2015 and 2016!
USDA loan features:
- 100% financing with minimum mortgage insurance
- Expanded qualifying ratios and flexible credit guidelines
- Must be deemed eligible rural area by USDA
USDA Income and Property Eligibility Site
1. Select Program type of "Single Family Housing" in left navigation
2. Accept Disclaimer
3. Enter property address
- Income limits based upon the number of people living in house, varies by geographical area
- Loan up to appraisal value to finance closing costs
- RD Guarantee fee of 2.75% (Financeable)
- Do not need to be a first time homebuyer
- Minimum credit score of 640
Why GMFS Mortgage for your USDA Rural Development loan?
- USDA Rural Development announced that GMFS, LLC is the #1 USDA lender in the state of Louisiana for fiscal year 2016 with 982 USDA Rural Development Loans for more than $159.5 million
- December 8, 2015 USDA Rural Development announced that GMFS, LLC is the #1 USDA lender in the state of Louisiana for fiscal year 2015 with 875 USDA Rural Development Loans for $136.5 million
- June 2016: GMFS Mortgage Underwriter Charlene Richard was named the first-ever recipient of the new USDA Rural Development Underwriter of the Year award!
- GMFS Mortgage is “CHANGING LIVES” with GREAT customer service, our avg. rating is 4.8 stars out of 5 possible!
- Local processing and underwriting
- Fast Pre-Qualification process
- A+ rating with Better Business Bureau and 2012 winner of their Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
Educational Resources (videos, podcasts, calculators & glossary)
"Working with Stephanie was amazing. She took time to listen to us about the type of homes we were interested in. She was motivated and very engaged in helping us in every step of the mortgage process. She worked around my busy schedule and was very patient and understanding with my sometimes-slow response time. So, summed up in one word amazing 5 Stars"
"Stephanie was great and helped me through every step of the process even during the odd hours I wasn't at work. We thought there would be some delays with Rural Development, but even though we got approved at the last minute, they were able to get us to our closing date on time. Very friendly, couldn't recommend enough. 5 stars"
"The mortgage process was relatively quick and stress free...We received the confirmation letter from RD at about 3:30 in the afternoon and still were able to close the next day...everybody really pushed to make it happen in a timely fashion 5 stars"
ANTHONY & TOOTIE R.
"Absolutely wonderful & pain free.....the only anxiety we had was waiting on RD to send back final paperwork. You & Matt always explained everything in detail & english terms for us to understand the process. Always answered our call or returned them right away. Even though this will be our forever home if for any reason we need....you will be the one we go to & have already started spreading the word of AWESOME you all are. We are loving our new home & would like to THANK YOU for all the hard work, time & patience put in to making our DREAMS COME TRUE!!!! 5 stars"
"My experience with purchasing a home through GMFS was a great experience. Ms. Chenevert and the GMFS team was very professional, helpful and accommodating. I am a first time home buyer and I am very happy that I used GMFS. I am even recommending them to my daughter and son-in-law as well as my friends who are in trying to purchase a home. THANK YOU Stephanie. You made this experience very positive and easy for me! Thanks GMFS! 5 stars"