Providing Requested Documents for Home Loans
GMFS Home Loan Documentation Checklist and Tips: (PDF version)
- ❑ Pay stub for the last 30 days
- ❑ W-2 forms covering the last two years
- ❑ Signed federal tax return, last two years (both personal and business if applicable)
- ❑ Documentation for any other income sources
- ❑ Bank statements (two most recent, include all pages... even if blank)
- ❑ Documentation of the source of your down payment: investment or savings account statements showing at least two months history of ownership. If some of the funds were a gift, get a statement signed by the giver declaring the funds were a gift.
- ❑ Documentation of name change (if recent)
- ❑ Proof of your identity (typically a drivers’ license or non-driver ID)
- ❑ Social security number (SSN)
- ❑ Home Owners Insurance
- ❑ For existing home purchase, provide purchase agreement and all addendums (signed by all parties)
- ❑ Other documents may be required
- ❑ Servicemembers or Veterans wanting to take advantage of the VA’s Home Loan Guarantee Program should obtain a certificate of eligibility from the VA.
"The process of refinancing my house absolutely could not have been easier. It took only a few emails and documents exchanged, the appraisal, and then signing papers. Perfect service combined with the lowest rates. I highly recommend GMFS!" Donna S. 5 Stars
Documentation Tips: GMFS Home Loan Process
- Documents are not just a formality. Your lender uses the info you provide to decide how much they are willing to lend you at what interest rate.
- If you are self-employed or have irregular or non-wage income, you may need additional documentation.
- To avoid delays, each document should be accurate, complete and the most recent version.
- Include every page of multi-page documents, even if they state “intentionally left blank.”
- Documents printed online should display the full URL at the bottom of each page to validate the source.
- It is normal to have to update your loan application packet at least once during this process, so be organized and quick to respond.